Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My Kind of Town

I often wonder what's going to be on TV on any given night, or what channel a game I want to watch will be on, or whether The Office is new this week. I usually wonder these things when I'm not in front of my TV. That doesn't really matter all that much, though, as my cable company DVR isn't particularly adept at speedily answering those questions for me. So, as is my wont, I turn to these internets for some good and speedy info. But I have rarely been satisfied with the solutions there. Sites that will show me stuff are all the time requiring me to refresh the page to go to a new day, then a new time, then a new page of channels. Then, to see more than just the title of a show, I have to battle with their weird show info pop-over to get the full dilly. It irks me. I don't want to go through several pages. I want to see the info NOW. I am petulant about this, and I realize that's not a good thing. Still, I am gratified by the new-to-me Beta of Couchville. With it, you can quickly jump to a day on the calendar, or a channel, or the current time. But more impressively, you can move up and down the channel list or forward and backward in time just by dragging the grid in your browser. It's simple, clean, and it's marvelous. I love it.

Besides, how can I not love a place called Couchville? I feel like I live there already.

No comments: