Monday, June 13, 2005

The Little Things

It's the little things that make life so interesting.

For instance, I just read Jen's post about her near death experience today. Not only did it remind me that I "should just get my fat ass to the gym," but it also reminded me that walking up stairs is dangerous. This story reminds me that the invention of the elevator was an evolutionary response to the environment. It was necessary to the survival of the species. Darwin could totally be saying "I told you so" right now. If he wasn't dead and stuff. He probably walked up too many stairs.

All of that, of course, says nothing about the fact that all of this started with Jen watching a Lifetime movie starring Tori Spelling. Do I even need to say anything about how dangerous that is? I shudder at the very thought.

It's those little, subtle differences between what males and females do that I find so intriguing. Jen watched Tori Spelling on Lifetime yesterday. This evening, instead of just getting my fat ass to the gym, I found myself sitting on the Ass Magnet (in case you didn't know, the living room furniture is named, the recliner being the Ass Magnet), watching Eurotrip. Jen's movie of choice featured a spoiled, anorexic, plasticized daughter of a TV mogul in a movie about an obsessed ex-girlfriend and a fertility clinic. A fertility clinic! My movie of choice featured Kristin Kreuk, a robot fight in which a Parisian robot street performer got kicked in the "robot balls", and women making out at random.

I can tell you one thing. Ya-dam-betcha that I won't be climbing any stairs tomorrow.

It's the little things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm scared by our posts. Maybe we should just stop watching crappy TV. But, then again, where's the fun in that?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sorry. Did you say something after "Kristin Kreuk"?