Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Out of Context

I realize that it can be Bad Thing when quotes are taken out of context. Doing so can change the meaning of what was said entirely, and it certainly robs the listener of the general point/feeling (or context, no?) of what was said. However, sometimes the quote is rendered so funnily (assuming that's a word) odd that it stands alone, making the context hard to remember. For instance, visiting our favorite rooftop bar last Thursday, I heard a friend say, "I wish I had that kinda balls." I don't remember what made him say that, but I can't help but chuckle about the quote itself. I didn't even know there were different kinds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael,

Surely you jest! Many, many people used to say that your Granny had the biggest set of balls of anyone they ever knew. Not to be out done by my mother, like things have been said about me. Anatomically speaking neither of us had/has the kind you are referring to. I assure you though, your grandmother certainly DID have "balls" about many things, as do I. Just piss me off about one of my sons and you will find out! Or, you piss me off by being rude to your mother. :)

Love,
Mom