Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Hoops Happiness

I realize that we're officially experiencing the Sports Doldrums right now, but there is a bit of news that's worth mentioning. This article points out some rules changes the NCAA has adopted for football and basketball. I don't know that I really give a rip about allowing coach's challenges in football, how long halftime is at football games, or how many digits show up on the clocks in Division II and III basketball games. HOWEVER, I am ecstatic to see that they've outlawed the action that I hate more than any other (among those that were legal) in basketball: calling timeout while falling out of bounds. Simply marvelous. I've been preaching about how annoying that is for years, and I'm glad to see that the NCAA has finally listened. I am now officially having a good day, Sports Doldrums or no.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speak for yourself...those of us in Detroit are experiencing anything but the sports doldrums - we're overwhelmed, actually :)

Abs said...

I always speak for myself. I'm glad to hear that you Detroit people are enjoying some sports, but that doesn't change the fact that we are officially in the Sports Doldrums. Besides, playoffs or no, the NBA still sucks.

Anonymous said...

Ok - NOW we are in the sports duldrums :)