Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Be Glad You're Not Me

In case you didn't know it, I'm really not smart. I realize I've given you plenty of examples of that up to now, but allow me to give you my latest.

I had a big meeting scheduled for this morning, and I did a good job of getting up on time. That shouldn't really be noteworthy, but I don't do mornings very often. I brushed my teeth, shaved, showered, touched up the ironing on a shirt, got dressed, put on a tie (yes, it was that kind of meeting), grabbed my stuff, and headed into the office for my 6-hour meeting. Then, when I got here, there was a significant issue that had to be handled, and the guy who would normally take care of it wasn't in yet. So I ran around troubleshooting it and found that a piece of equipment was locked up. So I cycled the power on it. That's kind of a last resort option, but there was nothing else to do. At that point, the normal guy came in, and I breathlessly gave him a rundown before saying I had to scoot for my meeting. I was dreading walking in there late, as this was a fairly big meeting. Still, the morning's issue was definitely an emergency, and it had to get top priority. So I wasn't too, too worried about it. I got down to the meeting room to find it dark. And then it dawned on me: today is Wednesday. I'm sure you all know this, but it was important to me because my meeting is on Thursday.

Be glad you're not me. I hope your day has not included a rather large reminder that you're pretty dumb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since I am reading this on the left coast you were only 21 hours early...hope that helps.

FJ

PS - Just watched the Duke/UMD game. Has anyone priced putting a hit on Dickie V or at least buying out his contract?