Tuesday, July 10, 2007

What Did the Birds Do?

I was in a meeting this morning, and someone mentioned that if we did a certain thing, we could "kill two birds with one stone." Now, I realize this expression is a commonly used one, but for some reason it gave me pause this morning. I just couldn't help but wonder 1) why people are always wanting to kill birds and 2) why it is that stones are so bloody valuable that we need to be sure to get that extra bang for our proverbial buck. Seriously, what did birds in general do? I suppose they could be the type of garage-dwelling birds that are forever shitting on otherwise sheltered cars, but I would think even those birds would be worthy of their own individual Stones of Death.

Feel free to enlighten me. Otherwise, go in peace, and, if you must kill birds, at least give them the dignity of using separate stones for each of them.

2 comments:

T said...

Why is it that people are always trying to get more bang? A buck really isn't that much these days, is it?

Anonymous said...

I believe the true issue is conserving the energy of the killer, as opposed to conserving the stones. It might be very exhausting to be a bird killer; who can say? And that little reduction in effort might make the critical difference. But wait, maybe I am thinking like an engineer. Someone stop me (smile).