Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A New Audience?

I know my last post was a bit of a departure from the norm, and I debated putting it up. However, I found it interesting, and I know some of the guys who went on that trip would be interested in a follow-up. What surprised me was that I got a follow-up email from Lawton the next day that said this:
I knew RSS stood for "really simple syndication", but I had no idea the Chronicles were this far-reaching. Preach on, my brother from another mother. Preach on...

And this picture was attached:
Needless to say (but I am of course doing so anyway), I was shocked by this message. Have the Chronicles reached a new and decidedly different-leaning audience? Was I really reaching the washed masses as well as the unwashed ones? It didn't seem to make sense to me. I just couldn't work out how or why those people would find my little blog.

A bit of investigation revealed that Lawton was just being clever, and he had created this image at http://churchsigngenerator.com/. A bit of image editing removed the tell-tale URL at the bottom of the sign, and left us with this fun little jpeg. Naturally, I loved it. I especially like the "(ATM INSIDE)" just so you know you can come in even if your wallet is empty.

Props to Lawton for sending this to me, but I'm happy to stick with the audience that's already here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can customize other funny graphics on www.customsigngenerator.com (endless possibilities).